Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Great Dole Cook-Off

Cooking With Dole

Chef Jeremy Favia

     Me and Angel had the opportunity to be invited at the Great Dole Cook-Off held last August 26 at the Magsaysay Institute for Hospitality & Culinary Arts (MIHCA) located at the 5f of Walter Mart, Makati.  I've been using Dole since my younger days because my mom always sees to it I drink lots of Dole juice to get well whenever I get sick, plus my mom always uses it as ingredients for her dishes.  So I was really eager to see what would happen at the cook-off, when I arrived, I was told by Angel that the winners of the cook of was already being awarded.  I wish I could have joined because I learned that the contestants battle was to imitate what Chef Jeremy did, and he actually cooked pasta.  And I love cooking pasta, well better luck next time for me.
Juan Manila grabbed 1st prize for the Cook-Off challenge
      So I just watched the awarding and also sampled the dishes that was served.  The place was really cozy, you'd feel like you are cooking at a fine dining restaurant but still feels you are eating in your home's kitchen.  I loved most of the dishes except the soup.  And I especially loved the fish dish called "Dory Braised in Tomato Sauce" because the Dory was so delicious and the sauce that came along with it made the dish even better.  I really love the taste of Dole pineapple in tomato sauce when it is served in a very good meal.
Dory Braised in Tomato Sauce
 
Chili Con Mushroom Over Herbed Baked Potato, this came second place to the dishes I liked that night ^_^
      I really loved how much Dole influenced our meals, it never fails to reinvent it's self even after all these years to spice up our every meal.  Enjoy eating!  And don't forget to reinvent your meals with Dole ^_^

2 comments: