Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bizu Patisserie

Bizu, 10 yrs and more 

      September 7, me and Angel attended the Bizu bloggers party at Greenbelt 2.  I came 30mins early, but eventually came late because I had a hard time finding the restaurant (the invitation said it was on Greenbelt 4).  As far as I can remember, Bizu was the place where I always bought some of those colorful and delicious french macarons that Angel loved so much and it was in the area where I normally park.  But then I knew it had already been transferred so I tried looking for it around Greenbelt.  I eventually found out it was within the area of the bars in Greenbelt 2, so I hurried there and found that the event was going to be held in the lounge area in front the store.

     It was really a sight to be hold, the place was so beautifully designed to make you feel like you're in a classy resto and yet still feel at home.  While I was waiting for Angel, I was handed a disposable cam which we were given the task to use up because the photos inside it would be posted at the Bizu website and that they would pick one picture which would show happiness caught in the moment. I was accompanied by Oms in a few while and we just enjoyed each others company while we wait for Angel.  We were given "hors d'oeuvres" which was French for appetizers and white wine.
      Aaron, part owner of Bizu, gave us a brief history of Bizu.  Bizu actually came from the French word "Bisous" which means kiss.  Since it was hard to spell, they used Bizu instead coming from the word "Beso" which also mean't kiss in Filipino.  I had a ton of information overload, but I new well to remember the things I learned from his talk since it doesn't hurt to have some additional information ^_^

     As we were given our set meal, Aaron also gave us some info as well regarding the dish we were having.  This is the delicious menu given to us by Bizu:
French Onion Soup, classic onion jus braised with balsamic vinegar, croutons, and gruyere cheese
Truffle Salad, warm mushroom with asparagus, truffle jus dressing on mesclun
10-Hour U.S. Roast Beef, slow-cooked USDA beef belly, potato gratin, grilled vegetable, horseradish and mushroom espagnole
Trio Desserts, Strawberry Chiboust, Opera Cake, and Macaron de Paris (Lemon)
     We also had fun playing games and also engaging in the question and answer portion which had topics coming from Aaron's discussion regarding Bizu's origin.  I think all of us we in one way or another.  I really enjoyed this event, because I learned a lot, had tons of fun, and also was able to taste a very delicious meal.  Truly Bizu had captured their theme for this night, "Joie de Vivre" or the joy of living.  Everywhere you looked, most of the people were having so much fun either with the food their eating, the prize they won, and the tons of smiles shared by each person who was enjoying the night.  Thank you so much for sharing this memorable event Bizu! I wish you have more years to come!



In case you want to join Bizu's photo contest, you can visit their website at www.bizupatisserie.com or facebook.com/ilovebizu for the complete contest mechanics and registration forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment