Sunday, February 19, 2012

Zoocobia: Love is in the air


     I always love going to the zoo since I was a kid, during grade school days I would even pretend to be a tour guide during our field trip to the Manila Zoo since I had the place memorized because of the countless times I've been there.  One good reason would be because my family had a photo shop business there, but mainly because I love seeing animals of every kind.

     So I was really eager to find out that me and Angel would be going to Zoocobia, a zoo situated at Clark, Pampanga.  It was a very long travel, but I didn't actually noticed the time because it felt like a breeze due to the fact that we hardly encountered any traffic along the way.  We arrived their in the afternoon and I felt the thrill of seeing the place for the first time, the thought running through my head was "Am I going to the Jurassic Park?"...  Well, the place was situated in between mountains and we were travelling through a dirt road so one can't stop but wonder and be excited as well.  At Zoocobia, we were greeted by a band composed of elementary kids from a nearby school.
     Since it was just a few hours before night fell, I asked Angel if I could roam around already and take photos of the different animals around.  It would be harder if I take pictures at night since animals tend to be shy during night time and it's a bad idea to use flash to take photos of them., makes them uneasy, and sometimes angry.  So while they were resting, I immediately went around the place and took some shots, birds here and there, some barn animals, and also some wild ones like the eagles and owls.  Since it was intended to be fun filled theme park, most of the animals situated here are the animals which kids could pet like love birds, goats, horses, and such.

     One of the attractions offered by Zoocobia was the Zooc Ride, it's a 400 meter gravity track which you would definitely enjoy!  It's so easy to use, just hop on (and don't forget to wear a helmet) and steer.  The gravity would pull you and accelerate the ride and just lower the steer to slow down.
     Birds of Paradise, the Maze, Zoocology Museam, the Barn, Menagerie, giant slide, and the new place for the greyhounds are other attractions you would see in Zoocobia.  But the highlight of the day was actually described in the title, flying wish lanterns.  During dinner time, there was a short presentation to give thanks to the different animals who were the main reason Zoocobia was opened.  Although Zoocobia closes at 5pm, they actually had to go to overtime for this one. There were acrobats who amazed the people as they performed their tricks, and also fire dancers which really impressed the crowd with their flaming abilities.  In my mind I was saying "that guy is like Dhalsim from Street Fighter, Yoga Flame!".  He was breathing the fire for so long I thought it would reach his lips.

     Afterwards, it was time to make a wish.  We crossed to the other side to attach our wishes to the lanterns we were sending to the skies... in hope that it would come true... how I wish it would.
     So what are you waiting for?  Come and visit Zoocobia!  And experience the joy of being one with nature with your family.  For reservation and inquiries call: (045) 599-3956 or 898-3695, 895-7142, or text 0917 835-1111.

     You can also visit their facebook website @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zoocobia-Fun-Zoo-Official/179437698784808


     Special thanks to Alex for the beautiful pictures he shared with us! ^_^



1 comment:

  1. Nakakainggit naman. It looks FUN. Shouls try that someday. And love is in the air talaga. :-)

    ReplyDelete