Friday, June 17, 2011

Green Lantern Movie premiere

     
Last Wednesday (June 15, 2011); I was lucky to get a movie pass to the much awaited movie premiere of the Green Lantern at Glorietta 4 at the Ayala Mall, Makati.  I wasn't able to bring my car and had to go through the gruesome process of commuting from my home to the theater.  According to Angel, the show starts at 7pm so I left home at about 5pm just in case the traffic was horrendous.

     And my thoughts were true, it was jam packed.  It felt sooo hot as I journeyed the ways to Makati.  The many streets carved by the Maynilad plus the many people going out of their work and students going home.  Haiz...  I even forgot today is actually payday (my company doesn't go with the 15th and 30th salary day).  So after a gruesome 2hrs+ of traveling, I arrived at the meeting place.  Unfortunately, Angel left work late, and knowing Makati it would be pretty traffic outside Ayala Avenue as well.  I also met some of Angel's friends April and Khaye who were going to watch a different movie.  I also saw some cosplayers who were representing some of the Green Lantern knights.  Angel arrived around 15mins before the show was about to start so we ate as fast as we could so we could join Chinky who already saved some seats for us inside the theater.

     And as the movie was about to start, they started off with a mini game.  5 volunteers who each were given a replica of the Green Lantern rings...  How I wished I stood up... Unfortunately I would look stupid together with the 4 kids who came up at front to join.  The preview of the movies before Green Lantern were awesome as well.  Can't wait for TRANSFORMERS!!!

     The show begins!  Green Lantern was awesome!  The effects, costumes, and all.  At first, I was dubious because Ryan Reynolds was known for his comical gestures.  But he was able to pull it off amazingly!  He actually looked a bit like Hal Jordan, and his body type was was almost the same type as well.  As an avid fan of the Green Lantern corps, I knew well of what was going to happen with the story line.  But for this movie, I casted away all the things I know about Hal and just enjoyed the movie.  And my thoughts about it were true, it's a very enjoyable movie, especially in 3D.  Much like watching Spiderman for the first time.  It's a movie you would be eager to wait for a sequel no matter how many.

     So all in all, I'd rate the movie a 5/5.  The right words at the right time, great effects, normal story line.  I suggest you put this in your movies to watch for June.  Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment