Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No goodbyes... Just see you soon...

Pamana

     One of my closest friends from my company suddenly resigned from our office and didn't want to tell us why until we were all together enjoying some good food and laughter.  So Angel and I scheduled a dinner at the famous resto of the Ongpauco's, the Pamana; or inheritance in english translation.  We met up last August 12, I picked up Aica and Eka from their homes and drove to MoA where we would pick up Angel and Fiona.  Unfortunately Pia won't be able to make it since she had to wake up early the next day and she was dead tired from finishing her Bar exam necessities.  Around past 7pm, we went along our way to Tagaytay via the new Cavitex (Highway extending from Coastal going to Kawit and Island Cove).

     It took us about 1 1/2 hr to get to the place where we met up with Rich (Eka's boyfriend).  Pamana is very close to the rotonda in Tagaytay and can't be missed since it's along Aguinaldo highway and is a real eyecatcher.  The place was actually the Ongpauco's ancestral home which they changed into a resto, hence the name Pamana.  Unfortunately, the list of menu was sooo appetizing that all of us had a hard time picking up which food to eat.  Good thing I had my trusty Angel to give us some pointers about the food choices there.

     These were the winning choices ^_^

The ever famous Bagnet!  Sooo delicious, but best to control your temptation if you don't want to be rushed to the hospital ^_^

Kangkong with crispy liempo - I love eating kangkong, and this is one of the best way of having it served.

Kare kare, some of my friends like the way it was cooked, really tasty and yummy.  You can even just have the soup of it on rice and you'll be stuffed in no time.

Sinigang na Salmon belly, really nice dish, had to admit this was my favorite among all the meals since I ate it until the bowl was dry :P
Shrimp!!!
Pinoy Fondue for dessert ^_^
A small chest containing our bill ^_^







        Stuffed!  The word best describing how we felt after the delicious meal we had.  Since we had a lot of time to kill, we just lazed around the area and had some photo ops.  The people there were very friendly,  friendly enough to even light up the dark places of the resto where we were having our pictures taken.  Afterwards, Rich had to say goodbye because he had to pick up his sister.  So we then went to Starbucks to have more laughter.  Unfortunately I was so dead tired from being awake for more than 24hrs that after having a few talks I slept for an hour.  Good thing I did so I wouldn't feel too stressed from driving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment